Sunday, January 16, 2011

What do you call someone who's only in it for the money?

Me at work, that's what I've concluded. One week into my last new perspective and it's given me another one! Evolution in action people...

That being said, it's only 5 more months and then I'm free to embark on a new adventure. Well truthfully, I'll start the new adventure now... I just won't be able to do it full-time. True, I could quit as I know I have other ways to earn enough to get by, but I've decided to play the game, be nice and accept that hefty paycheck every 2 weeks. It's definitly more than I will make doing anything else for such a short period of time. I'm still learning some valuable things, that should be useful in the future, (like yes, you can get more done in less time, but the quality of your work won't be the same but that's okay for some people) but in the end, the most valuable thing I'm getting out of this whole experience is a better understanding of who or what I am not.

I'm so thankful to have such loving, supportive friends and family to help keep me on a good path. Immersing myself into a place that others have described as somewhat "cult-like" has made me even more aware of the benefits of having such rational, well grounded, self confident and happy people surrounding me my entire life. It's an amazingly precious yet fragile thing the human mind... I'm no expert in cults, but, there's definitely something odd with the culture of my workplace. I just can't quite put my finger on it yet.

Thanks for the paychecks and thanks for a glimpse into some alternate realities!
(and thanks again to all those who were concerned enough about my well-being to mention their concerns!)

1 comment:

  1. That commune we envision is looking more and more attractive... who's in? Love you babe... love your brain... love your words!

    ReplyDelete