Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Instilling Tranquility and Peace of Mind

What does it mean to say that I instill tranquility and peace of mind?

Some definitions:

Instill - gradually but firmly establish (an idea or attitude especially a desirable one) in a person's mind; to pour in or to enter drop by drop; to introduce by gradual, persistent efforts; implant

Tranquility - a quality or state of being: free from commotion or disturbance; free from anxiety, tension or restlessness; composed; steady, even.

Peace - the absence of war or other hostilities; free from quarrels and disagreements; harmonious relations; public security and order; inner contentment; serenity.

I'm beginning to understand why the english language is so difficult to learn. It seems as though every word has more than one definition. After reviewing these definitions, this is what resonates with me the most:

I have a natural tendency to gradually establish states of being free from anxiety, tension and restlessness, which encourage harmonious relations and inner contentment.

This falls in line with the positive ways people have described me throughout my life.
I'm happy with this...
If I cultivate this notion that others have of me, great things are bound to happen!

1 comment: